A new collection is added to the JSTOR archive: the 'Ecology & Botany Collection'. This collection contains 29 journals in two important fields within the life sciences. Topics covered by the ecology journals are wide-ranging, from biodiversity and climate change, to conservation and experimental biology. The botany titles -- including the oldest botanical journal in the Americas -- encompass a range of subjects such as plant biology, systematic botany, and taxonomy.
The journals can be searched (author, title, abstract, full-text) and several journals can be searched at the same time.
JSTOR includes an updating provision referred to as a "moving wall." The moving wall is a fixed number
of years that defines the gap between the most recently published issue and the date of the most recent issues available in JSTOR. In calculating the moving wall, the current, incomplete year is not counted. The fixed number is mentioned at the title after Jstor.
10 November 2004
- American Midland Naturalist Jstor, 3
continues: Midland Naturalist Vol. 1 (Issues 1-4), 1909
- American Naturalist, The Jstor
Coverage presently ends: 1999. JSTOR will resume a moving wall of 5 years in 2005.
- Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics Jstor, 5
continues: Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics Vols. 1 - 29, 1970-1998.
In 2003, the Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics became the Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics. The volumes under the current title, Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics, do not yet appear in JSTOR, as JSTOR coverage of the journal currently ends at 1998.
- Biotropica Jstor, 5
- Conservation Biology Jstor
- Diversity and Distributions Jstor, 3
continues: Biodiversity Letters Vols. 1 - 3, 1993-1996
No volumes were published in 1995 or 1997.
- Ecological Applications Jstor, 4
- Ecological Monographs Jstor, 4
- Ecology Jstor, 4
- Evolution Jstor, 3
- Functional Ecology Jstor, 3
- Global Ecology and Biogeography Jstor, 3
continues: Global Ecology and Biogeography Letters Vols. 1 - 7, 1991-1998
- Journal of Biogeography Jstor, 3
- Journal of Tropical Ecology Jstor, 5
- Limnology and Oceanography Jstor, 3
- Paleobiology Jstor, 4
- The Journal of Animal Ecology Jstor, 3
- The Journal of Applied Ecology Jstor, 3
- The Journal of Ecology Jstor, 3
- The Quarterly Review of Biology Jstor
Coverage presently ends: 2002. JSTOR will resume a moving wall of 5 years in 2008.
- Systematic Biology Jstor, 3
continues: Systematic Zoology Vols. 1 - 40, 1952-1991
Last modified: 13 November 2003