On May 31st, 2000 it will be exactly 200 years ago that the Rijksmuseum
opened its doors to the public for the very first time.
A special jubilee programme will be available, presenting a complete survey
of all publications, commemmorations and exhibitions in the year 2000.
A selection of the activities:
- An issue of stamps "Ten from the Rijksmuseum" covering ten highlights from the various collections, 14 April.
- The jubilee book 200 jaar Rijksmuseum by Gijs van der Ham. Publication
date 30 May.
- Rijksmuseum on tv, an AVRO-documentary focussing on the exchange of objects between musea. Summer 2000.
- Exhibition "Come see!", Rijksmuseum posters, 1 July - 15 October 2000
- "Rembrandt in various states", etchings of Rembrandt, 22 July - 8 October 2000 (part I), 14 October 2000 - 7 January 2001 (part II)
- The jubilee exhibition: "The Glory of the Golden Age" 15 April - 17 September 2000, a major survey of Dutch art of the 17th century.